Post 178 has reopened
Face covering is required.
No standing inside.
You must be at a seat, both in the bar or dining room.
Post 178 had to be closed for two weeks because social distancing was not followed and few wore masks. To avoid a repeat, the following are being implemented:
- Maximum number of people permitted in the bar area is 50.
Maximum in the dining room is 50.
- If inside the Post, you must be at a seat.
No standing except when placing a drink order.
- Seating and tables are set up to comply with social distancing requirements and must not be changed or moved. This includes outside areas.
- Everyone must wear masks or other face covering while in the post.
- Exception for when actively eating or drinking.
- Face coverings should be worn when in conversation with another person.
- If moving from your seat, a mask must be worn.
- Groups are only permitted outside the post or at designated dining room tables.
- No groups may be more than 6 persons.
- Groups must maintain a minimum of 6 feet from other groups or individuals.
- Anyone who refuses to comply will be asked to leave the post.
Please visit us on Facebook at
post updates and events.
Since our charter, Murrells Inlet American Legion Post #178 has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community.
Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Grand Strand community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. (click Sponsor or Booster Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.